Social Investment Strategy
Azumah Resources’ objectives are to prevent or minimize any adverse impacts of its operations on the host communities in the Wa Gold Project area and to constructively engage with them while carefully managing expectations, as well as to selectively support local development initiatives.
- Prevent and mitigate negative environmental and social impacts caused by Project activities;
- Promote and optimize local development by supporting sustainable community-driven initiatives;
- Maintain community and government support for the company’s presence and activities;
- Promote economic growth in the Project area including alternative income generation;
- Raise awareness in communities and at national and regional level of Azumah’s work and activities.
Azumah’s Social Investment Strategy will contribute to Ghana’s achievement of its Millenium Development Goals